Already October

I just can't believe it's already the 2nd of October. September went by incredibly fast for us! Here in Colorado, fall has already started and will soon be over. It must be one of the shortest seasons here, unfortunately, as it is my favorite!! In light of how short it is, I am choosing to enjoy it as much as I can!!

We spent last weekend camping at our new favorite spot by a creek near Frasier. It is so pretty and quiet. We have enjoyed camping there twice in the last month and both times were so much fun. We nearly froze our tails off at night but it always warmed up in the morning. And the stars at night were spectacular. I felt so small looking at the millions upon millions of them. An incredible display of God's wonder and glory!

We saw our doctor again yesterday for another check up. He seems to be breathing easier now that we're 11 weeks and doing so well. It was a fast appointment and I did get to hear Bob's heart beat, but not Astrid's. He said that Baby A was probably still too low in my pelvis to hear. That made me a littler nervous, but not much since he didn't seem concerned. We talked a little more about different tests I can have done in the coming weeks, when I come back to see him again, and when he'll do the next ultrasound around 18-20 weeks. He asked me if I was ok not having an ultrasound for today and I said I was ok but had been worried and feeling nervous again a few days before. As I was still explaining how I was feeling, he stepped out of the room and peaked around the corner, then motioned me to follow him. "It's totally normal to be concerned and nervous. You're here now so let's just go in and look." So we got to see our babies again!! So much fun!! I feel so spoiled by my doctor's office, but I am not complaining! I'll take any and every chance to look inside my womb at our little miracles growing and thriving.

The only sad part about this ultrasound was that Jacob wasn't there for it. He was on his way but hadn't made it in time. He assumed I would be called in well after my appointed time and so he thought he would get some more work done before he came to sit with me. I totally understood how we can wait sometimes for the doctor. Well, this time was totally different. I had only sat down for a minute before I was called in and then only sat in the exam room for maybe 2 minutes before the doctor joined me. Very uncharacteristic of typical appointments, but again, I am not complaining!!

It was a quick ultrasound. The screen came on and our two little munchkins came into view. I was so amazed at how big they were already and how they were moving around so much. I wanted to stop time or record the whole thing, it was that cool. One of them was waving their little arm back and forth as if to say "Hi Mom!!". Both of them did little jumps in their sacks, bopping around and moving. I was so encouraged to see them doing so well. They just amaze me every time I get to see them!! I wish our scanner worked so that I could share all of the pictures, but for now this one will have to do. I took a picture of it with my phone, the only thing I could think of to do to share the images.



This is one of them, not sure which though. My OB moved the scanner around so fast and I was so in awe that I didn't pay attention to who we were looking at. :) But they pretty much look the same. Both were healthy and moving around a lot which was fun to see. I made two appointments: one to go back in two weeks, in case I am nervous or feel the need for it, and then one for 4 weeks. I can do both appointments or just do one of them. I am really grateful for the staff at The Boulder Medical Center. They have become so dear to me as we continue on in this fun new journey! I cannot thank them enough!

I still just can't believe I am pregnant with twins! It really is incredible! I am so excited as time goes on and the babies get bigger and bigger. I am so happy that they are healthy and well.

Thank you all so much for your prayers for us as we wait upon the Lord for these two wonderful little lives! We are humbled and grateful beyond our imagination!

Comments

angie gutshall said…
Great to hear everything is going so wonderful with twins! God is so awesome!
Anonymous said…
PRAISE!! I am so happy for you!
Rebecca said…
Fall is my favorite too!

Thanks for the great update on Bob & Astrid :>)
Linds said…
So good that they (and you) are doing so well. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I am just so amazed at the goodness of God. He is definitely doing something cool and I am so glad I get to watch it all play out. B had a really fast heartrate too and his current temperment is all over the place... I bet you'll have two movers and shakers once they're born too :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Rebecca! We don't know each other but I came upon your blog while I was searching online. I was actually trying to find a song that my friend had told me about that Mandisa sings. She wrote the song after watching a friend whose name is Rebecca lose her newborn son. I just happened upon your blog while googling the lyrics for the song. I've been blessed to read about your journey these last few years. Thank you so much for being vulnerable and transparent so that God can use your experiences to bless and encourage others. I had been reading back over your blog and praying for you and your husband for a few weeks when I had a weird dream. In the dream, I was pregnant (I am not actually pregnant) and I went to the doctor, had an ultrasound, and was told that I was having twins. That same day, I checked in on your blog and read your wonderful news of the newest little blessings in your family! It was so strange. I am just thrilled for you and praising God for His faithfulness and goodness! I look forward to keeping up on the adventurous days to come!

Kelly D.
Laura said…
I'm excited with you! :) Ultrasounds are awesome...they never last long enough.
Miranda Comer said…
Great news! Love reading your blog!
Jezz said…
Great news!!! Thanks for keeping us posted!!! :)
amanda jones said…
So glad to hear all is well with Bob and Astrid! I've been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you're feeling. :)
My in-laws live in Fraser...if you ever want to go back and not camp, let me know. They have a lovely log home up there and are gracious hosts to anyone who wants to stay. :)
Katie said…
I have been thinking about you so I'm just checking in. I'm so excited for you, Rebecca!
Sonya said…
I don't know you, but found you through Family Life. I'm a long time listener! That radio program has changed my life and has inspired me more than words can say to be a godly wife & mom of 3! And also has inspired me to take on God's view of children and have a "quiver full" of them! :)Mighty Molly's story was precious and I was so blessed by her and your families!! So I check in on you from time to time ... thanks for sharing! I am a twin myself and my sister & I are best friends. I pray the same for your two little "peas in a pod"! How good is our God .. so so very good!
Elaine said…
Rebecca- I'm so glad to read your news that both twins are doing well! I've been thinking about you lately and praying for the continued health and growth of your babies!
Lizzie said…
Rebecca,
How exciting.... there is nothing quite like an ultrasound and seeing your little ones inside of you. I am so happy for you.
I have been praying that the Lord would ease any worry that You have for your little ones growing inside of you....each and every night when we pray with our son before he goes to bed.. we remember to pray for the Mutz twins.....
You are an amazing woman.... your book really impacted my life...Your daughter's story has impacted my life in a way that words cannot describe...
Although I have not been in your shoes... I have in some sense grieved with you as I read your book....your stories have made me a better wife and mother as I want to treaure every moment with my son and daughter while they are little. Your Blog is a great thing as you take time to journal about your life and all that God is teaching you.
Blessings to you, Jacob and your twins.
P.S. I saw that you found out you were pregnant on 08/10/09.... I remember finding out I was pregant with Alizah Grace on 08/08/08.... you must be due right around Alizah's first Birthday.... 04/08/10. How exciting.

All Because of Him,
Jeremy, Liz, Josiah & Alizah

http://www.familylife.com/groups/trostle http://thetrostlefamily.shutterfly.com/
Melinda Just said…
Hi Rebecca,

I've been reading your blog and praying for you since I heard your story on Family Life this summer. I think I was Jacob's 4th grade teacher. I was Miss Fine then. Ask him if he remembers. Blessings to both of you and the twins!

Melinda Just (Fine)
childofhope said…
Hi Rebecca,

I have been following your story since I heard about Molly on Family Life Today. I want to say "Congratulations" to you and Jacob on this wonderful news that you are expecting twins! I also want to caution you about something. Please understand that I am only mentioning this to you because my conscience is telling me to. It is my understanding that swine flu vaccinations are possibly being recommended to pregnant women. Please, please do your own research about this before you decide to take any kind of vaccination. I would recommend that you Google "Mary Tocco" for extensive research on this topic. Blessings to all of you!

Popular Posts