I had a baby 7 months ago...

And about four weeks into that tiny little girls' life, we decided we needed more chaos so we started potty training our twins who were just 2 and 1/2 years old.



People told me I was crazy. And they were right. I was sleep deprived, hungry, hormonal, tired of changing three sets of diapers multiple times a day, and yet we did it anyway.  I stopped nursing Rainey multiple times to run a toddler to the potty with pee running down her legs, or to clean up an accident before it became part of our carpet for good.

The twins are now truly potty trained.  Even at night, they stay dry which we are super grateful for.  Now I am only changing diapers for one small child, which I don't mind one bit.

Rainey is now 7 months old.  She likes to sit up, smack her hands on her legs and the floor, grasping for anything to wrap her delicate fingers around.  She loves sweet potatoes, carrots, yogurt, and chewing on anything she can get her hands on.  She especially loves it when I wear long, bubbly necklaces that she can stuff into her mouth and gnaw on as drool pours out of her mouth.  It's messy, but pretty sweet.


Sweet girl!!She is so happy and loveable!


 Play time with cousin Shiloh!!  They are best buddies!!


Bundled up in the front pack on Mommy for a nice long winter hike!!



Bathtime with big sisters!! Rainey absolutely loves this.  She is so enamored with all that the twins are doing on either side of her.



She is sweet, giggly, and brightens our spirits whenever we see her.  She loves to watch her big sisters running circles around her.  One evening, I was trying to feed her some solids after her bottle and I had a hard time getting the spoon into her mouth because she had her eyes trained on Piper who was opening and closing the shades in the kitchen, over and over again.

We have had a busy season since she came into our lives.  When I find time to write again, I'll tell you about some of our adventures and trips we've been on.  For now I'm so tired, I'm not really focusing on the computer screen, just trying to think of how to finish this post. Oh.. I know!

The end.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Been such a long time since I even read your blog which Laura put up so long ago. So good catching up and so excited about the new baby. Love seeing the smiles and I can just hear the laughter. You are certainly loving being a wife and mom. Know that you will continue to be greatly blessed even in this season of tiredness. Hardly ever saw Laura but George and I miss having her in the area but are so happy for her.
Ms. Sandy Q.
Anonymous said…
thank you so much for sharing your story. i have been reading your blog for several years and you have provided an example on how to live even when we do not know what God has planned for us. thank you.
Jessica said…
Woohoo for just one in diapers!!

Lucky you to have the girls staying dry at night! Layla is 5 and I don't think she'll ever be out of pull-ups :-/ Piper is 3 and she stayed dry for about a week when she was first potty-trained a year ago, but miss Layla was not understanding why we were telling Piper she could sleep in big girl panties and she couldn't...so we just kept Piper in a pull-up...and now she wakes up wet every morning. I think she backtracked and is now just using it b/c it's there. Ugh!

Popular Posts